Chicago Rock Stars Tour
Chicago's modern rock stars share a love of their hometown that is reflected in their songs, album covers and musical styles. Smashing Pumpkins, Plain White T's, Kanye West and Wilco all wear their affection for the "city by the lake" on their sleeves.
This tour examines the glamorous side of Chicago's modern rock stars, focusing on their homes, clubs, recording studios, and inspirations. Along the way, we take a close look at the lyrics paying homage to their hometown.
You will see or visit
- ► The hotel where Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love consummated their relationship and conceived Frances Bean Cobain
- ► The glitzy nightclub owned by Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy and frequented by sports and entertainment's biggest stars
- ► The legendary studios used by Smashing Pumpkins, Wilco, Ministry, Kanye West, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers & more
- ► The Gold Coast and Lincoln Park homes of Billy Corgan and Liz Phair
- ► The bowling alley where Fall Out Boy, Rise Against, Plain White T's and Alkaline Trio launched their careers
- ► The Wicker Park club that hosted The Rolling Stones, Kid Rock, The Lovehammers, Cranberries, Bush and a special "secret" show by the Smashing Pumpkins
- ►The Chicago landmarks featured in the Plain White T's videos "Hey There, Delilah" and "1, 2, 3, 4," viewed more than 11 million times on YouTube
Sites may vary for each tour.